Student Visa to England

The UK has some of the top ranking schools, colleges, universities and private institutions in the world, each with their own high quality courses and a diverse range of study options. Upon completion of his/her studies, there are various possibilities for graduates to apply for a work permit to join the workforce in England.

To apply for a student visa, the applicant needs to provide proof of his/her acceptance into a course that is listed on the official Register of Education and Training Providers as published by the Department for Education and Skills from time to time.

For a complete list of recognized institutions, please refer to:

For the full details of what is required to receive a Confirmation of Acceptance (CAS), please refer to:

One must also prove that he/she has sufficient funds to pay for his/her tuition costs and his/her living expenses while in the UK. For more information, please refer to:

To be able to study in the UK, the student visa applicant must also prove that he/she has a minimum level of English equivalent to a grade of B1 in all four components (reading, writing, speaking, and listening) of one of the recognized English language tests listed by the Home Office- please refer to:

The student visa applicant is allowed to bring his/her spouse and any dependent children with him/her while he/she is studying and the spouse of the student visa holder is entitled to work in full-time employment.

As a student visa holder, one is generally not allowed to work in England, however, one can work if permission is granted as long as he/she doesn’t work more than 20 hours per week, he/she isn’t self-employed and his/her employment isn’t on a full time basis.


Kangaroo Migration Services is a company that has for many years dealt with and continues to deal with immigration, student visas and short term and long term work visas to the UK.

Please feel free to contact us to discuss with our representative the options available to you and/or to complete our questionnaire and send it to us.

Learn more